- Technology Driven Role
- Changing Industry
- 100% NZ Owned Business
About the client
Urgent Couriers is a New Zealand owned company with a dynamic growing workforce, enabling them to meet the everchanging delivery requirements of their customers.
They have been recognised as innovators in the industry by developing and utilising the latest technology and have diversified into other services to further satisfy their customers' demands.
They have proudly remained one of the biggest couriers in NZ and continue to grow and maintain their ongoing success with a number of distinct parts to their business.
About the role
Urgent Couriers are on the hunt for a technologically driven General Manager to be based in Auckland.
The key purpose of this role is to continue the growth and development of the Urgent Couriers Group. The role will involve leading change and implementing strategic direction across the Group.
Driving growth in both Business to Consumer and Business to Business deliveries, you will also be responsible for the overall day to day efficient running of the business and for ensuring appropriate health and safety adherence across the organisation.
Duties will include
- Holding weekly one-on-one meetings with direct reports to provide coaching, support and accountability
- Conduct performance reviews and identify training opportunities
- Working with direct reports to set short and long-term goals for each business area
- You will have strategic input into the IT direction of the Group
- A key focus of the role will be creating a superior customer experience through digital and technology innovation
- Understanding and working with internal and external stakeholders to develop an effective digital strategy for the business
- You will work closely with the MD on IT development with a focus on ROI
- Manage external IT service providers
- Oversee the development of the marketing strategy
- Provide support for tech-related sales solutions
- You will have key input into strategic enterprise sales and tenders with the Sales Manager and Account Managers
- You will develop relationships with key accounts in conjunction with the Sales Manager and Account Managers
- Provide support for the Sales Manager as required to ensure Urgent Couriers meets and exceeds its sales targets
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the revenue from the home delivery space
- You will be involved in developing a communications and brand strategy in conjunction with the MD and Sales Manager Operations
- Providing support to the Operations Manager, ensuring smooth day to day running of the business
- Business plan development and implementation in liaison with the MD
- Monthly reporting to MD against goals and budgets for each business area
- Oversight and input into process development for each business area
- Identifying and mitigating risks across the business
- Overall strategic planning, in conjunction with MD
- Full P&L responsibility across all business units
- Health & Safety policy oversight and responsibility for implementation in conjunction with the HR manager
- Strategic HR involvement on any disciplinary matters
- Negotiating supplier agreements with strategic freight suppliers and agents
- You will ensure through your management that cross-department cohesion and teamwork is effective across the organisation
- You will be driven by technology and its effective utilisation within business
- Your management and people development skills will be key strengths
- You will have a good understanding of the logistics industry and delivery solutions
- You will have strong sales and marketing experience
- You will be able to work within financial budgets and timelines
- You will have a strong financial understanding at a profit and loss and general ledger level
- You will be able to manage workload, pressure and stress in an effective manner
- You will be able to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- You will lead by example, promote the company brand, values and culture
- You will be able to confidently network and mix with business leaders
- You will hold a full, clean NZ Driving Licence
- You will be degree qualified
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication skills
- You will be highly computer literate
- You will be confident in public speaking and presentations
The good bits
- The company has a great culture and is a leader in much of what it does
- The varied nature of the role will excite the right individual
- A competitive salary package including bonus will be offered
If this role sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, then please apply now including your CV and a relevant cover letter outlining why you are the ideal person for the role.
Matt Twiselton is recruiting this role on an exclusive basis, if you would like to discuss it further please call 09 394 7444 or 021 827 782
Apply for this position...
Please contact us via the button below.
Apply nowContact us or phone 09 394 7444