Employee Collections Officer
- Competitive Remuneration $$$
- Great Company
- High Performing Team
About the Company
Based in Grey Lynn and part of the highly regarded Giltrap Group, this is a great opportunity, working in a fantastic team-based environment. Our Client is New Zealand's largest member-based industry organisation for financial institutions. Members of the Federation provide financing, investment, banking and insurance services to over 750,000 New Zealanders.
The role primarily encompasses collections portfolio from day 1 to bad debt recovery, working outstanding insurance premiums, working with clients and dealers on pending account maturities, compliance administration and customer service and general inquiries.
Reporting to the Team Leader Compliance & Collections, this person will be primarily responsible for all aspects of an arrear's portfolio right through to bad debt recovery.
Responsibilities will include
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and monthly reporting of the arrear's portfolio
- Outbound & Inbound Calls from day 1 of arrears
- Issuing reminder letters
- Issuing Prepossession warning notices
- Issuing Repossession warning notices
- Issuing Property Law Act notices
- Liaising with agents, third parties
- Handling Bankruptcy, Liquidations and Receiverships
- Handling company structure changes
- Bad debt Recovery
- Vehicle disposal
- Residual and Balloon Maturity
- Residual and Balloon Refinance
- Customer Service enquiries (inbound and outbound calls)
- Customer Services to dealer customers
- Insurance administration
- Compliance administration
- 4-5 years collection officer experience
- Working knowledge of all relevant legislation including Credit (Repossession) Act
- Previous experience in automotive finance is essential
- A working knowledge of the collection process to vehicle disposal and an understanding of retail finance (Credit Sale (HP), Lease and Operating Lease derivatives) legislation
- A confident individual motivated when working under pressure to meet multiple deadlines
- A forward-thinking approach to achieving responsibilities
- Methodical and disciplined style with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to accept challenge in areas of limited experience and show flexibility to take ownership of a broad breadth of tasks that come with a new trading company
- A strong communicator both written and verbally
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
Please apply now if this role sounds like your next career move including a CV and relevant cover letter outlining why you are the person for the role!
For more information about the position, please contact Matt Twiselton on 09 394 7444
Apply for this position...
Please contact us via the button below.
Apply nowContact us or phone 09 394 7444