About the client
Our client is a growing, local logistics company who started out in 1984, the owner has grown the company in to what it is today. They are 100% NZ owned and currently in an exciting period of expansion and further development. They work both locally and across New Zealand.
About the role
We are on the hunt for an ambitious General Manager to oversee the day to day operations of the business, based in Palmerston North.
The key purpose of the role is to continue the development and growth of the company, working across strategy, operations and sales. The role will be hands on and involve close liaison with the parent company.
Duties will include
- Supporting Infrastructure developments and improvements across the business
- Scheduling truck routes, drivers and times
- Working with the owner on growing the business, identifying new customers and routes
- Work with existing clients to develop commercial opportunities
- A key focus of the role will be working with customers to develop the experience they receive
- You will work closely with the Group MD on IT development with a focus on Return on Investment
- Business plan development and implementation in liaison with the MD
- Monthly reporting to parent company against goals and budgets
- Identifying and mitigating risks across the business
- Overall strategic planning, in conjunction with MD
- Full P&L responsibility across the business
- Health & Safety policy oversight and responsibility for implementation in conjunction with the HR manager
- Filling in for drivers as required
- Strategic HR involvement on any disciplinary matters
- Negotiating supplier agreements with clients
- Your management and people development skills will be key strengths
- You will have a good understanding of the logistics industry and delivery solutions
- You will have strong sales experience
- You will be able to work within financial budgets and timelines
- Willing to learn existing systems and embrace new systems
- Can build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- You are hands on and can manage yourself effectively
- General experience in Operations/Sales/Account Management
- You will have a can-do attitude and a willingness to continuously learn new ways of doing things
- You will be able to manage workload, pressure and stress in an effective manner
- You will be highly organised with excellent communication skills
- You will be highly computer literate
- You will hold a full, clean NZ Class 4 Driving Licence
The good bits
- A Competitive Salary and Company Ute will be provided
- The company is looking to grow so the journey will be exciting
- Development opportunities are plentiful, and the role is really varied
If this role sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, then please apply now including your CV and a relevant cover letter outlining why you are the ideal person for the role.
Matt Twiselton is recruiting this role on an exclusive basis, if you would like to discuss it further please call 09 394 7444 or 021 827 782
Apply for this position...
Please contact us via the button below.
Apply nowContact us or phone 09 394 7444