- Join a world-class innovative InsurTech company
- Take the next step in your Software Development Leadership
- Fast growing business
JAVLN is an award winning world-class intelligent insurance and data integration software company formed in 2011.
Our role is simple; we transform businesses, by leveraging the latest in data and technology to accelerate business growth and improve business efficiencies.
Due to exciting growth, JAVLN is looking for a Development Manager in this newly created position.
This role is responsible for managing the insurance application development team, which includes Ruby & PL/SQL developers and the QA team members and reports to the Head of Technology.
The primary responsibility is to manage the development activities in each sprint, ensure the development team has enough information and resources to deliver the tasks, coordinate with the support & SysOps team for the release management.
- In terms of the insurance application, you will review the projects development tasks status with each team lead to ensure they are delivered on time
- Sprint planning, backlog review, managing releases with support, reporting & SysOps team
- Being a hands-on role so you will prepare and review technical solution design with application architect and provide delivery plans
- Work together with the application architect to ensure development methodology and approach will support application pipeline driven delivery with shorter release cycle and faster delivery
- Manage the insurance development team & QA team members (Approx. 8 FTE)
- Manage insurance application's sprint, backlog and other technical tasks
- Release management and coordination with support team and delivery team
- Manage technical enquiries from support team to ensure they are resolved on time
- Manage development tasks plan for each project with application architect to ensure these tasks and resources are considered in the sprint planning and maintain the task status
- Review and maintain projects development tasks status with team leads to ensure they are delivered on time
- Provide necessary information and resources to ensure development tasks are completed according to the sprint planning, includes technical solution design, review business requirements, prepare delivery plan and resource planning for the sprint
- Strong technical leadership experience and be able provide direction and guidance on the technical side
- Solid knowledge about agile and practical experience of leading cross-functional development teams
- At least 2 years of experience as a leadership role and proven work experience of a software development role
- Good knowledge about the cloud service environment such us AWS
- Strong business understanding and the ability to communicate with internal and external teams
- Detail oriented and proficient in using project management tools such as JIRA and Smartsheet
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies, specifically coaching and driving improvement into the teams in short sprints
In return JAVLN offers
- Great office based in Mount Wellington, (moving to great new offices in Grey Lynn in late 2021)
- Some flexibility to work from home
- Being part of a 100% Kiwi owned, fast growing business with a fantastic team
- Inclusive, equal opportunity workplace that supports career development
- Competitive remuneration package for the right candidate
Musterrecruit is recruiting this position exclusively, so please apply now with a Relevant cover letter and your latest CV.
For any questions about the role, contact Matt or Tessa on 09 394 7444
Due to current New Zealand Border restrictions, this role is not available to offshore candidates who do not have relevant visas, residency or Citizenship.
Apply for this position...
Please contact us via the button below.
Apply nowContact us or phone 09 394 7444