- National Role
- NZ Owned Distributor
- Great Salary + Vehicle & Benefits
This exciting, General Managers role will see you take this business to the next level, expanding the product range and building on the sales success of the Hyundai Truck & Bus models available to the New Zealand market.
The Hyundai brand is a formidable force within the global transport market, from their familiar class leading traditional models to the highly progressive range of clean energy EV & hydrogen fuel cell vehicles consistently breaking new barriers.
Hyundai's line up in the truck range has now matured into an exciting range of class leading products. The light duty range is in market and gaining good growth with the mid and heavy-duty products staged for market introduction.
- Be part of a global top 5 automotive powerhouse
- Work for a NZ owned company that is proactive as well as having the ability to react
- Great remuneration package with vehicle and tools of the trade
- Up to date product training
- National travel throughout the network
- Own the job and report on your success
When you join the team at Hyundai Motors New Zealand (HMNZ), you are joining a group of people full of energy, passion, and with drive to win.
The role is an important, integral position within the managerial team which will require lots of drive, ambition, future sales focus, on the road selling and intellectual horsepower.
- Operational and strategic leadership of the New Zealand Hyundai Trucks (and bus when viable) business to achieve commercial & market success
- Drive growth in sales volume, market share and profitability through both the direct sales opportunities and motivation of the National Dealer Network
- Achieve agreed targets, both internal and as agreed with HMNZ
- Lead direct B to B sales both in new fleet acquisition and key account management to ideally achieve a direct sales mix of 30% or greater
- Work with the marketing team to develop an effective marketing plan and ensure a targeted level of opportunities to sales ratio is achieved
- Manage and control all aspects of product planning and stock level
- Develop and maintain excellent Dealer & Manufacture engagement levels
- Provide accurate sales, model mix and margin reports as well as budget forecasts
- Create, review and implement Commercial Division strategic plan
- Formulate and implement new product strategies including competitive analysis, pricing, volume planning and take to market activities
- Implement effective KPIs and development plans for direct reports
- Be visible and proactive, hunting sales and building a customer base
- Relevant industry experience of 5+ years in heavy vehicle sales, operations or management
- Ability to think strategically and create new business opportunities
- Results orientated and leads by example
- Ability to communicate accurately at all levels
- Technically competent with the following but not limited to: Truck weights, dimensions, weights payloads, trailer requirements etc.
- Not afraid to get out in the field - we want a hands on solution orientated person
- Navigate NZTA legal requirements
- Ability to do technical product comparisons
- Strong Microsoft skills especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal skills
- Class 2, 4 and 5 licence (or willingness to go through the process)
Musterrecruit is recruiting this role exclusively, please apply now through this advert with a relevant cover letter and CV.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Daryl on 09 394 7444.
Due to current New Zealand Border restrictions, this role is not available to offshore candidates who do not have relevant visas, residency or Citizenship.
Apply for this position...
Please contact us via the button below.
Apply nowContact us or phone 09 394 7444