- New role with exciting business
- Make it your own
- Huge opportunity
About Urgent Couriers
Urgent Couriers (UC) is a privately held business owned by Steve Bonnici and his Family trust. UC started in 1989 to focus on providing on-demand deliveries in the Auckland market.
In the last five years UC has focused on growing the home delivery side of the business. This area is now more than 50% of the company revenue mainly fueled by the growth in food box deliveries.
UC has always been a technology focused business and has its own software development capability. This has allowed the company to flex incredibly quickly as client demand changes. UC has harnessed the gig economy using its driver app to have a workforce of delivery contractors in excess of 500 nationwide as required.
The next period will be one of fast change and expansion as key clients roll out their internet services nationwide.
We are looking for a highly effective Executive Support person to help improve the overall effectiveness of the company's two most senior team members.
Reporting directly to the General Manager (GM), the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a working relationship with the Managing Director (MD) and the GM.
- Build this new role as the business is growing rapidly and needs your experience to help take it to the next level
- No two days will be the same
- See the results of your endeavours quickly
- Work for a kiwi tech business that is constantly pushing the boundaries
- Based at the Auckland office in Otahuhu, parking on site
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the MD & GM including: managing calendars of appointments; composing and preparing confidential correspondence, arranging travel, itineraries, and agendas
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the MD & GM, with Board members, on matters related to project initiatives
- Research, prioritise, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the MD & GM, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Work closely and effectively with the MD & GM to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the MD & GM updated
- Manage a variety of special projects for the MD & GM
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach
- Prioritise conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling and attending meetings
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Create minutes and follow up activity lists from meetings
- Ensure that the MD & GM's background information is kept updated
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Work with the senior management team in coordinating the MD & GM's input into projects and activities
- Follow up on contacts made by the MD & GM and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity and a can-do attitude
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five plus years' experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience and interest in technology based work environments
- Proficient in Google for business and Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media
Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter.
Please contact Matt Twiselton on 09 394 7444 if you have any questions about the position.
Apply for this position...
Please contact us via the button below.
Apply nowContact us or phone 09 394 7444