- New role with exciting business
- Make it your own
- Huge opportunity
About Urgent Couriers
Urgent Couriers (UC) is a privately held business owned by Steve Bonnici and his family. UC started in 1989 to focus on providing on-demand deliveries in the Auckland market.
In the last five years UC has focused on growing the home delivery side of the business. This area is now more than 50% of the company revenue mainly fuelled by the growth in food box deliveries. UC has always been a technology focused business and has its own software development capability. This has allowed the company to flex incredibly quickly as client demand changes.
We are looking for a highly effective Executive Support person to help improve the overall effectiveness of the company's two most senior team members.
Reporting directly to the General Manager (GM), the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a working relationship with the Managing Director (MD) and the GM.
You must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and people focussed.
- Build this new role as the business is growing rapidly and needs your experience to help take it to the next level
- No two days will be the same
- See the results of your endeavours quickly
- Work for a kiwi tech business that is constantly pushing the boundaries
- Based at the Auckland office in Otahuhu, parking on site
- Complete a broad variety of admin tasks including: managing calendars, composing and preparing confidential correspondence, arranging travel and agendas
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the MD & GM with Board members, on matters related to MD & GM's project initiatives
- Research, prioritise, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the MD & GM
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the MD & GM updated
- Manage a variety of special projects for the MD & GM
- Prioritise conflicting needs
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Create minutes and follow up activity lists from meetings
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Work with the senior management team in coordinating the MD & GM's input into projects and activities
- Follow up on contacts made by the MD & GM and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity and a can-do attitude
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Five plus years' experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience and interest in technology based work environments
- Proficient in Google for business and Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media
Please apply now with your up to date CV and a relevant cover letter outlining why you are the person for the role.
Contact Matt Twiselton on 09 394 7444 if you have any questions about the role.
Apply for this position...
Please contact us via the button below.
Apply nowContact us or phone 09 394 7444