- Make your mark in this broad HR / Health & Safety role
- Great NZ owned tech and transport business
- Otahuhu location
About Urgent Couriers
Urgent Couriers (UC) is a privately held business owned by Steve Bonnici and his family that started in 1989 to focus on providing on-demand deliveries in the Auckland market.
In the last five years UC has focused on growing the home delivery side of the business across New Zealand. This is now more than 50% of the company revenue, mainly fuelled by the growth in food box deliveries.
UC has always been a technology focused business and has its own software development capability. This has allowed the company to flex incredibly quickly as client demand changes.
We are looking for a highly effective HR & Health and Safety Advisor.
Reporting directly to the COO, you will develop and implement the people resource strategy, create and nurture an engaged and high performing work force, and ensure policies and procedures are executed consistently and in line with current legislation.
Working alongside the wider senior leadership team, this role will also be responsible for reviewing and developing systems and strategies and working alongside operational teams to advise on risk and Health and Safety best practice.
- Build this new role, as the business is growing rapidly and needs your experience to help take it to the next level
- See the results of your endeavours quickly
- Work for a kiwi tech business that is constantly pushing the boundaries
- Based at the Auckland office in Otahuhu, parking on site
- Build effective and strong working relationships with the management team, managers and employees
- Assist with the delivery and coordination of HR and H&S initiatives and projects
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislative changes and industry best practises in both the HR and H&S fields
- Ensure that all services provided in regard to HR practises and Health and Safety are in the best interest of the wider team
- Be responsible for the full recruitment and onboarding process
- Provide the Payroll team with information regarding changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Provide support on HR policies and procedures to employees and management team
- Maintain accurate and detailed HR records, adhering to confidentiality requirements
- Assist management in undertaking the OKR performance management system, and ensure our culture is promoted for sustainable profitable growth
- Implement best practice techniques and standard HR procedures throughout the branches in a consultative manner to maintain high performing and motivated employees
- Engaging with all levels of employees, to help the company achieve the strategic plan
- Undertake any HR related projects as and when required
- Assist with the delivery and co-ordination of Health and Safety initiatives and projects where required
- Working alongside the Operations Manager to create a Health and Safety framework that describes end to end H&S processes in line with current legislation. Updating regularly as legislation evolves
- Working alongside the Operations Manager to prepare reports relating to Health and Safety in preparation for Board Meetings
- Review and organise Health and Safety training across the organisation, including Fire Wardens and First Aiders
- Compliance with all Urgent Couriers H&S policies, standards and procedures
- Assist other employees in carrying out these responsibilities by support and example
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a similar role, with a desire to progress and learn
- Self-starter, proactive, adaptable and responsive
- Ability to quickly build positive relationships with the team
- Tech savvy
- Quick to act in high pressure or stressful situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Won't be afraid to suggest and make changes
- Comfortable meeting regular deadlines, with effective organisational and planning skills.
- HR and/or H&S qualification would be an advantage
- Motivated, reliable, friendly and able to have a laugh when the going gets tough
- General proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Highly organised with an ability to manage time effectively in a role with lots of moving parts
Please apply now with your up to date CV and a relevant cover letter outlining why you are the person for the role.
Contact Matt Twiselton from Musterrecruit on 09 394 7444 if you have any questions about the role.
Apply for this position...
Please contact us via the button below.
Apply nowContact us or phone 09 394 7444